Ernest Rudyak’s latest post
Of the 9 tallest skyscrapers due to be completed in the next 12 months worldwide, Russia’s Vostok Tower is due to up the ante of Europe’s tallest building, usurping the title from the nearby Mercury City Tower and the OKO building. The Federation Tower is a large complex of skyscrapers (some completed, some still in progress) built on the 13th lot of the Moscow International Business Center. Ground was broken in 2003, but due to extenuating circumstances and financing, construction stopped. Construction began again in 2011, and the last and tallest tower, The Vostok Tower is due to be completed in 2016.
The building features contain offices in addition to hotel suites and apartment suites, and the plans include “sky-bridges” between the towers that will also house eateries and cafes. There will also be the highest digital clock in the world on the outside of the building. The Federation Tower complex has been used by thrill-seeking climbers and base jumpers for adventure sports. There have been several TV shows, movies, and adverts that have used the building as a location for shooting. The designs have undergone some significant changes from the initiation of construction. According to the builder of the tower it uses concrete grade B90 for its construction, which they say is twice as strong as regular concrete and will allow the skyscraper to withstand a direct hit of an aircraft. It will be 373-metres high, and is designed as a collaboration between Peter Schweger of Schweger Associated Architects and Sergei Tchoban of NPS Tchoban Voss.
Other buildings on the tallest skyscrapers of 2016 include:
1. Ping An Finance Center, China, by Kohn Pedersen Fox will take the title of World’s Tallest Building from One World Trade Center in New York, NY.
2. Goldin Finance 117, China, by P&T Group is set to complete this year in Tianjin, and replaced the planned fin-shape with a faceted glass facade.
3. Lotte World Tower, Korea, by Kohn Pedersen Fox hit a hiccup around sinkholes appeared around the base, but is on track for completion in 2016.
4. CTF Finance Center, China, by Kohn Pedersen Fox will overlook the Pearl River.
5. Wuhan Center Tower, China, by ECADI is designed with curved walls which are meant to evoke the imagery of a ship’s sails.
6. Marina 101, UAE, by National Engineering Bureau will hold the Middle East’s first Hard Rock Hotel.
7. Eton Place Dalian Tower 1, China, by NBBJ is four years overdue for completion.
The eighth place is the aforementioned Vostok Tower, Russia, by NPS Tchoban Voss and Schweger Associated Architects
9. Dalian International Trade Center, China, by Dalian Architectural Design & Research Institute has a rectilinear glass form with chamfered corners.
from Ernest Rudyak | Construction & Company Projects http://ift.tt/1PhKHct